Image Map

The Hunger Games {Book Review}

16 January 2012

So, last Thursday night, the thought came into my head that I should read The Hunger Games before the movie is released.  I cannot say exactly why the thought only occurred to me just then, but it did.  Trent, from Pink is the New Blog,  has blogged multiple times about the movie casting and how great the books were.  Anyhow, five days ago, I decided to buy the book.



Let me just warn you right now, this book is a page turner.  You will not be able to put it down.  The story grabs you from the first page and never lets you go.  The chapters are fairly short {which I like...it gives me the false sense that I'm making fast progress} and the entire book is only 267 pages.  Without giving anything away, the premise is based on a futuristic time in the {former} United States that is somewhat reminiscent of 1984's 'Big Brother' style government.  However, the heroine is this story is what will capture your attention, as you journey with her through a Survivor-esque competition.

The book ends with reasonable finality.  Nonetheless, I knew going into it that the story was part of a trilogy.  So naturally, I had to buy the second book today at the airport.  I'm already 67 pages in, and loving it.

I definitely recommend this book.  Happy Reading :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I burned through the first two books in a couple of days! And then had to wait FOUR months for the third book to come out. They are so addicting, and I lost plenty of hours of beauty sleep staying up into the wee hours of the night reading. So glad you are loving them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I'm glad I'm not the only one. I guess it's good that I'm a slacker so I can read all three consecutively. They are giving me crazy dreams though, I must admit. Are you planning to see the movie when it's released?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting something new to read, so I'll have to check it out. Several people have mentioned it was really good, so I guess it's time I give into the hype and buy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Swaff--you should TOTALLY read them! I'm sure you can relate to a strong, stubborn female ;) Hehe. You'll thank me later, as I'm pretty sure you'll have the first book polished off before the week's done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and love!
Every comment makes me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...