Image Map

Indian Cooking

26 January 2012


The hubby and I love Indian food. 
We also love "one-dish" recipes.
So I tried a new one last week....

Aloo Gobi Mattar {aka Cauliflower, Potato, and Pea curry}


I adapted the recipe from here {read, left out ingredients that were hard to find or seemed frivolous.}

1 head of cauliflower
6-8 boiler potatoes
1-2 cups peas
1-2 cups veggie stock

2 Tbsp. ginger, minced {I buy this already done in a squeeze bottle}
5 cloves of garlic, minced {I buy this already done too...can you sense a pattern?}
1 tsp. chili powder
2 tsp. turmeric
1 Tbsp. garam masala 
{this is a mixed spice powder, which I had to purchase from an Indian grocery store}
2 Tbsp. ground coriander {read cilantro}
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. lemon juice


You can follow the rest of the instructions for the linked recipe.  The end result was pretty spicy...so if I were making it again, I'd cut back on the chili powder and garam masala.  Hubby loved the spice though, so I just added greek yogurt to cool it down for me.

If you like tons of flavor, this is a great dish!

1 comment:

  1. We love Indian food. I'm trying this for sure! I love the descriptions (i.e "read cilantro", gotta love those those Aussies). Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and love!
Every comment makes me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...