Image Map

Picnik, Photoshop, Ad Swap, and more!

22 January 2012


It looks like Picnik's site is closing in April 2012.  Sorry if I'm the bearer of bad news on that one.  This begs the question--what programs do y'all use for editing photos, creating banners, etc?  Clearly photoshop is the holy grail {cough I used to have an illegal copy cough}, but for someone like me, I find it a bit cumbersome.  I always seem to go wrong with the layers.  Not to mention the fact that it takes a full two minutes for the program to open.  Anyhow, anything better, cheaper, more user-friendly out there?

I read some good stuff about GIMP, so I'm gonna give that a try.

Which brings me to the reason I've been using said programs....I finally figured out how to create blogger buttons.  I know, late the party, eh.  Nevertheless, my excitement cannot be dampened!

So, if you want to swap buttons....let's talk :)


What do think?

In other news, we had a little potluck lunch after meditation today and talked about our experiences in India.  It was nice to relive some of the memories.  And it totally made me wish I was back there!  I have a blog post cooking that will highlight my India trip...get excited :)

Here's a little teaser....




4 comments:

  1. Hey Avy--
    Thanks for stopping by :) What part of LA are you from? I call Redondo Beach 'home', even though I'm living in Sydney at the moment. Someone mentioned the 405 the other day and I seriously got nostalgic. Now you *know* you love LA when the 405 can do that to you. Haha!

    Cheers,
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm willing to bet that picnic comes back under a different name by Google the day they "close down" shop. I wouldn't worry about it yet!

    I almost have a hunch that they will integrate it with Blogger, so you can edit photos on the fly. Wouldn't that be awesome?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie,
    I bet you're right. It says something on their site about the features being integrated with Google+, but I've tried both and find the Picnik interface easier.

    If they fully synced the photo editing features with Blogger...now that would be a bloggie wet dream....haha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and love!
Every comment makes me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...