Image Map

Surfboards, Race Cars, and Shine!

02 March 2012

Remember how I complained that all link-ups seem to be on Fridays?  True fact, folks.  Don't believe me?  Watch me prove it to you.

Dear Rain, you've made your presence known.  Well known.  Now would you get the eff out of here?!?  We have a summer to try and enjoy.

Speaking of which, Dear Summer, please tell me you're at the gym.  Getting really, really buff.  And that any day now, you're going to go apeshit crazy on Rain and Clouds until they go running for the hills.  I'll help you fight.  Unless it involves me getting wet.  Then I'm out.

Dear Surfboard, you and I are finally starting to get along.  I'm pretty stoked about that.  There was this one wave that took us both by surprise and we did a crazy nose-dive and you made the loudest, scariest noise I've ever heard.  Even J heard it.  I fully expected to find you in two pieces...but you're a champ and pulled through without a scratch.  Please don't scare me like that again.  I promise I'll try to maneuver us a little better so that we spend more time above water than below!


Dear Blog, am I about to publicly confess my love for you?  Oh what the hell! Despite our relatively short relationship, we've taken off like a rocket ship.  You are a time drain, but I love the inspiration and feeling of accomplishment you give me.  Let's keep a good thing going, okay?

Dear Shine Project, I cannot wait to get my Pass It Forward cards.  I already have two ladies from church in mind.  Maybe some no-bake cookies for them?  No one knows about the deliciousness of no-bakes in Australia, which makes it extra fun!  I'm excited to do my part is spreading acts of kindness.

Dear Husband, I'm so excited about what the future holds!  It's fun to see your hard work, enthusiasm, and creativity paying off.  We have so much ahead of us, it's hard to even imagine what life will look like three months from now.  It's fun to live in the moment, enjoy the adventure, and watch The Universe's plan for us unfold.

This week, I finished reading That Eye, The Sky by Tim Winton.  The book was recommended to me by an Aussie friend, and it seemed like a wonderful opportunity to dive deeper into Aussie culture.  I must admit, I really enjoyed this book.  Winton writes in a very stream-of-consciousness style, as he tells the story through the eyes of a 13 year old boy.  The boy's family falls onto hard times and dysfunction when a car accident puts his father into a coma and a homeless preacher steps in to help the family pick up the pieces.



Seriously guys, this book is so Aussie.  The slang, the scenery, the way of life.  It was a great, easy, quick read! {And not terribly depressing like my description makes it sound.}

And my highlight of the week?  Driving my car on a legitimate racetrack.  Check this out:

bathurst 1000 race track Pictures, Images and Photos

I was in Bathurst for business and stayed at a hotel right next to the racetrack.  Every year, V8 cars race 1,000km (620 miles) in the biggest racing event in Australia--The Bathurst 1000.  But for the majority of the year when there aren't any races, they leave the track open for anyone to drive, at any time.

Are you for real? So of course I had to try it out.  And, naturally, I thought speed limits didn't count on the track.  But apparently they do.  Good thing I had a coworker to tell me these things before I got too crazy.  Either that, or he was just getting nervous about my driving.  Maybe he was concerned we'd end up like this?


So that's my week in review.  I hope you all have an amazing weekend!

And, for those of you keeping track, that was 6 link-ups.  Six link-ups!  Did I just set some kind of blogging record here?


PhotobucketPhotobucket

20 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is stinking awesome that you got to drive your car on a real racetrack!! My husband would LOVE to do that, what a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mean seriously, could your blog be any cuter? So happy I found you...thanks for linking up girl. Can't wait to keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have sooo been at that "oh crap my surfboard just shattered into a million pieces. oh wait it didn't.." moment haha :)

    and 6 linkups? You really are a champ ;)

    Happy Friday

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I'll help you fight. Unless it involves me getting wet. Then I'm out." HAHA! That is definitely me. My best friend calls me the wicked witch because I hate the rain, and I don't like it touching me.

    P.S. Did you know your captcha is on? I'm on a mission to change the world, one blog at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy link-up, girlfriend! You don't mess around! Happy Friday, indeed! Well... Saturday for you now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That book sounds good. I just might have to add it to the 468 books in the queue :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so jealous! Driving your car on an actual race track...a Southern girl's dream. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am kinda in lvoe with my blog too, they are so fun arent they?? Have a wonderful weekend my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm impressed by your dedication to link-ups! I found you through Follow Friday =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You should try to see how many link ups you can put in on Friday. Dude your blog will be 'surfing' in no time.

    and there is nothing wrong with pubically confessing your love for your blog. Because your blog is an extension of you - and there is nothing wrong with loving yourself.

    p.s. I noticed I spelled publically as pubically - but it was too funny to change so I left it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey! I found your blog through Follow Friday and I love it!!! All of us in Ohio are also tired of this weather and can't wait for summer to come to our rescue! way to go too with the 6 link ups (:

    ReplyDelete
  13. A surfer and you live in Australia? I couldn't be more jealous :) I love your letters!

    www.kelsiefennell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so impressed that you surf! Go girl! And I love No bake cookies! Yum, yum, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hopped over from the Friday's Letters link-up & excited to say I became your 50th follower! How exciting, congrats!
    I'm on a *sort-of* similar journey, living in Hawaii for a couple years. I'm hoping to get to Australia while we're here since it's probably the closest we'll be to Australia! Looking forward to reading about your journey there. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey, Girl!

    I found you through Follow Friday :)
    New Follower!

    Trish
    www.thetattooedfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. haha! ilove your letter to your blog. i feel the same way about my relationship with mine, time drain, sucking time drain...but i love you... =)
    just wanted to say thanks soooo much for stopping by..your prayers and encouragment! you're awesome girl! it meant so much that everyone had my back =)
    -julie

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree with Emily...no shame in confessing your love...we all do it at some time or another...

    Surfing...race car driving...reading...you're so inspiring...{hahahaha, hope you got the reading part as a joke...no, reading is no joke...oh, never mind...}

    That's a boat load of link-ups...I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This blog is a good one! Its original, thanks for the
    info! Is there a way I can tell my people about this post. for more info visit Sold on racing

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and love!
Every comment makes me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...