Image Map

#FlauntYourCause Winner

24 May 2012

A huge thanks to everyone who participated in the #FlauntYourCause link-up.  Whether you wrote a post, left a comment, or tweeted about the link-up, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.  It's the first time I've even hosted a link-up and I didn't know what to expect.  I set a goal of 30 participants, as my 'bar' for wild success.

Emmy June blog

I do believe that we create our own reality...and what do you know?  We ended the link-up with exactly 30 entries.  Thank you again!


Selfishly, I feel like I won the lotto hosting this link-up.  Every time I saw a new entry, I scrambled to read it, curious about what cause it would contain.  Through this opportunity, I learned more about:
  • Being a CASA {Court Appointed Special Advocate}
  • Down Syndrome advocacy in Australia
  • A missionary making her way to Africa
  • To Write Love on Her Arms
  • American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
  • Erin's Clothing Drive & "Shop My Closet" night
  • Wounded Warriors
  • Abortion prevention
  • Girl Scouts
  • Miles for Hope Brain Cancer walk
  • Love of Labs
  • 5 to Survive
  • Clare's work volunteering in Dominica
  • Rape is Never Justified
  • Bye Bye Beehive Mission
  • Gabriel's Angels
  • Pancreatic Cancer Action Network
  • Girls on the Run
  • Clean Water for the World
  • Shine
  • World Wildlife Fund
  • Missionary work for imprisoned children in Africa
  • Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
  • Locks of Love
  • Blessings in a Backpack
  • Spaying & Neutering Pets
HOW AMAZING IS THAT?!?!
I loved reading about the different causes that bloggers care about,
the causes they donate their time and money toward.
Simply uh-amazing!


Now the fun part is that Lindsay and I pledged to donate $50 to one lucky charity as an added incentive to get involved.  And while I feel like the winner, there will actually be a real winner.  So without further adieu,



Congratulations to Allie, from A Thousand Wonders, who wrote about the cause To Write Love on Her Arms.  What makes this even more awesome, is that Jessica from Lovely Little Things, also wrote about TWLOHA.  So it's like we had a double winner!  


To Write Love on Her Arms is a non-profit movement dedicated to presenting hope and finding help for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury and suicide.  TWLOHA exists to encourage, inform, inspire and also to invest directly into treatment and recovery.

$50 will be donated to TWLOHA, on behalf of all the bloggers who participated in #FlauntYourCause.

14 comments:

  1. How incredible!
    I got goosebumps when I saw the TWLOHA logo :)

    Thank you so much to you AND Lindz!
    Both 2 women that I look up to!

    Love from Florida, friend!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! I am sorry I didn't link up - but I am proud of you and Lindsay for hosting such an inspirational link up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love To Write Love on Her Arms. Such a worthy organization!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't realize that you were going to donate to one of the charities mentioned, so I was super excited to read those post. What an amazing idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great organization!

    Wonderful idea for a link-up :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay! TWLOHA is an amazing group. Thanks for hosting the linkup and giving us this platform! I loved reading all of the posts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for hosting this link-up. It was definitely awesome to read about the cause that everyone supports and to see such a wide variety.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this link-up :) It make me so happy to see other women as passionate about a cause as I am about mine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's very cool that two people wrote about the cause and that's the one that was chosen - so great! You and Lindsay are so wonderful for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow what a great link up Emily! I'm sad I missed it, but am so excited to check out these great causes!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got goosebumps too... I need to get more involved in some of these causes! I guess I don't take the time to see what is out there and live in my own selfish world. Your link up has opened my eyes to some of these and I'm really interested in knowing me. Thanks for spreading the inspiration! You girls are wonderful for doing this! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, I just saw your post on Kristen's blog and just wanted to pop by and say I feel like we have heaps in common! I am living in New Zealand for a year with my Kiwi boyfriend and I am missing home more than ever! We travelled through Europe before coming here and home is definitely the best place on earth {Vancouver for me}. Would love to get to know you better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good job w/your first link up! :) It's so great to see what everyone is passionate about.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So awesome. So glad ypu had such an amazing turnout for this. Love your do gooder heart:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and love!
Every comment makes me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...