Image Map

Happy Birthday to Me!

23 May 2012

Today I'm the big 2-8.  Still young in the minds' of most, and apparently ancient in the blogging world.
What is it about bloggers and the whole "I cannot believe I'm 24.  When did I get this old!??!"

Reality check: 40's are the new 30's.  30's are the new 20's.  And 20's are babies.

Enough blogger nonsense.

Yes, I'm 28.  Although, for the record, I completely missed my 27th birthday, so perhaps I'm actually 27 this year?  You see, last year we left Los Angeles on May 22nd, and arrived in Sydney on May 24th, a mere fifteen hours later.  Thus, I missed my birthday.  Nevertheless, I don't think time-keeping works that way, or all Hollywood stars would cross the international date line annually on their birthday.

Despite starting my 27th year by missing my birthday, it's been an amazing year.  Jeff quit a job he hated, we moved to Australia, I traveled to India for a month with my dad, Jeff got to spend two months in MI with his family, I traveled to Thailand on a work trip, we drove more than 50 hours combined to see lots of Australia, I snuggled a koala, got attacked by wallabies, and learned to surf.  I took on a struggling, poor performing territory with work...and turned it into the #1 in the country. I fell more in love with my husband, and deepened my spiritual practice.  Yes, it was a wonderful year.

And, what's more, I believe my 28th year will be even better.  You see, from what I can tell, life just keeps getting better.  Every year, I feel more confident in myself, more comfortable in my skin, and more in awe of what the Universe has planned for me.

Happy Birthday to me!

" Every day, in every way, I'm getting better and better."
--
 EMILE COUÉ

"If we are ever to enjoy life, now is the time, not tomorrow or next year . . .
Today should always be our most wonderful day."

--
 THOMAS DREIER







P.S. Today is the last day to enter the Flaunt Your Cause link-up.
As a birthday gift to me, please share your cause by linking up :)

26 comments:

  1. Wow!! What a year!! I hope this one is just as good if not better! Happy birthday, Emily!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday!!! I hope you have an absolutely fantastic day and that this year is even better than last. :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to double celebrate!

    And seriously - I am like a grandma in the blogging world. Try being 32. Actually don't. 28 is much better.

    Happy birthday. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had an amazing 27th year. Hope your 28th is just as amazing! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Emily! Can't wait to hear about all the adventures 28 has in store for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy, happy, HAPPY birthday, my friend!!!!

    i think that's pretty cool about missing your birthday last year....a cool story! how many people can really say they skipped their birthday? neat....

    that said, i think you should celebrate DOUBLE this year! i hope your day is magical!!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an exciting year you've had. Happy birthday! Hope this year is even better than the last.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! I have found 28 to be a great year and Im sure yours will be full of happiness too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a Happy Happy Birthday! Make this coming year better than the last.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Happy Birthday, friend! :) 28 years young and you look great! Have a wonderful day and year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Girl!!

    Sounds amazing...28 is sure to be even better!!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're a pup. I'm 31. In the blogging world I'm pretty sure that means I should be dead and buried. I think it's kind of cool that your traveled right over your birthday last year. It's a good story. I hope your year is blessed with much love health and happiness. Happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday, Emmy! Have an awesome day :) You are 28 years young!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birthday! And- I'm 29. and one third. And I still say things like 29 1/3. Your year sounds incredible, though, and with your big seven week trip coming up, I'd say 28's starting with a bang for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. happy happy birthday to you!!!! have a wonderful day emmy!!!!!! :):) have fun celebrating and i'm so happy to hear each year gets better!

    - jennifer
    one43.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy birthday to you!! Hope you get to do something fun on your actual birthday this year. If you're ancient in the blogging world at 28, what does that make a 30-year-old blogger like me?!?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday Emily! That's so funny that you just flew over your birthday last year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'd say for missing your birthday you had a freaking awesome year!

    Happy birthday sweet, sweet friend!
    I hope it's more than you ever imagined and hat this year brings you A TON of happiness :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday girrrrl!!! Sounds like you've had one hell of a year. I totally feel you with that last line, feeling more comfortable and more confident every year. I hear your 30's are even better! Hope you have a marvelous day my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Birthday to you!!! I hope you've had an amazing day full of love!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy birthday to YOU! Thank you SO MUCH for your shirt order! It really made my day; I just love to see bloggers supporting other bloggers! I will mail it in August, no worries. And I'm posting a link to your post on my facebook and twitter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy birthday lovely!
    I always think age is just a number and you've been doing some quite amazing things in Oz!
    I hope it's been an amazing one.
    You're just a couple months ahead of me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Emily, I am a new follower and found your blog via Confessions of a Graphic Design Student.

    Hope your birthday was great!

    kellybrown28021@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yeah!! Happy birthday!! Don't worry - there's still some of us more ancient than you out here in the blogger world (I'm 33). We're all young at heart though, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Birthday Emily! You've had an incredible year this year and I'm sure it will just keep getting better. I'm so happy we met via blogging. Cheers to you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. oh gosh, Happy belated birthday Emily!! :) Hope it was amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and love!
Every comment makes me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...