Image Map

Happy Mother's Day

14 May 2012

This post is brought to you by:

This Thursday, May 17
Link-up hosted by Lindsay & I
We cordially invite you to share the inspiration.

Click the button below for details!  #FlauntYourCause

Flaunt Your Cause
________________________________________

Sending love from afar, 
to all my favorite mothers,
on this Mother's Day.

Mom,
you nurtured my love for horses from such a young age,
you helped me move my life cross-country to California,
when I bought my first place, you were there to help me paint.
Two years ago, you walked me down the aisle.
For these big reasons...and so many little ones in between,
I love you, and I'm so glad you're my my mom.

You taught me how to be strong and independent, 
through your own example.  
You showed me how to be tenacious,
and never give up on a problem that needs solving.
You encouraged me to study hard and work hard.
For these big reasons...and so many little ones in between,
I love you, and I'm so glad you're my mom.


I love you, Mom!

My sister, Becca, and one of her (two) boys.

Becca,
I admire how seriously you take the role of stay-at-home mom.
You're always planning creative crafts,
and science projects,
and fun activities for the boys.
You volunteer in the classroom,
and take an active role in all your kids' hobbies.
It's so fun to Skype with you and the boys.
You're a great mom, and I love you.

My sister, Beth, with her two boys.

Beth,
I admire how you've so gracefully fit parenting
into the demands of your life.
You prioritize the time with your boys,
and yet you also live by a great routine,
that keeps things fun, but also running smoothly around the house.
I love being at your place and getting to participate
in bath time, story time, and bedtime songs.
You're a great mom, and I love you.

My mother in law, Gail, and I in 2009

Gail,
I'm so happy to have you as my mother-in-law.
My mom was never really the "care package" type of mom,
and I always envied that about my friends.
As it turns out, I got a "care package" mom later in life,
when I married Jeff!
I love that you're always thinking of us,
and sending sweet little emails,
or greeting cards,
or care packages {with Reese's Easter candy!!!}
You're a great mom, and I love you.


Happy Mother's Day!

5 comments:

  1. I love that you honored all of the important women/moms in your life! So sweet, Em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's so awesome that you are surrounded by all of this amazing women. Your mom sounds like she would be just the perfect mom. I love the photo of her and the gray cat. It's wonderful that you honored all of them on your blog. I hope you're having an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post :) Love the picture of you and your mom in your wedding dress! so pretty

    www.studentswife.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet of you to acknowledge all the moms in your life. They're such examples of strength, sacrifice and love. I hope to be just like them some day! Or even today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw this is so sweet. I did something similar. We are lucky gals to have so many wonderful women in our lives! Love the picture of your momma and the kitty on her shoulder. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and love!
Every comment makes me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...