Image Map

I Miss Our Dogs!

30 May 2012



My sister sent me this video.  My little nephew has finally cracked the secret call that gets Mazzy to "talk" on command.  I've tried for years to get her to "talk" when I want her to, but her will power was greater than mine.  Kai has been trying different repetitive sounds for the last year, and, at last, has cracked Mazzy's constitution.

I miss them.

Like crazy.

As much as I love getting pictures or videos, it's very bittersweet.
It makes me realize how far away they are,
how many sweet moments I'm missing.

I actually hired an animal communicator before we left.
I know, I know, roll your eyes.
I dare you.
But now put yourself in my shoes for a second.
How would you explain to your dogs that they're not being abandoned,
that you're just leaving for a year but still love them tremendously?
So I hired an animal communicator, that was recommended by a close friend.
Without getting too technical, basically she tells you what she's saying to the dogs,
and what they are saying back in a stream-of-consciousness sort of way.
Within the first sentence,
"Mazzy says 'they can't be leaving'",
I started sobbing.
It was really, really hard to hear.
But I'm also really glad I did it.
It gave my dogs the proper understanding of the situation.
There were details and things she said that made me believe,
100%,
that she was able to communicate with the dogs.
And when I brought them to my sister's,
they settled and acclimated so quickly and easily,
it seemed really obvious that they understood what was happening.

I still feel sort of silly sharing it though.
It feels really personal, and yet I also expect skeptics.
I was skeptical myself, until my friend shared how it helped
with her pets, and I tried it myself.

All that aside, I share that story to help you understand
just how much I miss my dogs.
Get ready for some doggie reunion awesomeness
in a few, short months.


Do you think I'm crazy?

P.S. Are we swapping ads?  If not, let's!
Also, my feature ad just came available.  Only $10.

12 comments:

  1. Not going to lie, I teared up a bit. 9 months ago I made my poor doggie fly across country to our new home. We will be moving again in January but do not know the location yet. My hubby and I have not even gone on a honeymoon yet (married 9 months ago) because I refuse to leave our dog at a kennel, she would be devastated, and we do not know anyone to leave her with here.

    Enough with my novel, you are not crazy and I completely understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha no, not crazy. I think it's awesome you care that much about your dogs! And I'd love to see one of those sessions go down, especially if there were enough details to convince me too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is a little crazy but mostly very very sweet. Animals can't understand when we tell them not to worry. If it made you feel better and the pups made a good transition, I'd say it was worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude. You HAVE to tell me more about this animal communicator??

    Kinda cray......but mostly awesome. Yes, you.

    That video was da bomb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't imagine having to leave my pets because like you said they just don't understand! I have never, ever heard of a pet communicator, but I don't think you are crazy. You just love your pets! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds really interesting! I have never heard of an animal communicator and I'd love to try one!!

    I feel like I could never ever leave my dog for longer than a couple of weeks. He is my fur baby and I just don't think he would understand. He puts the guilt trip on a lot too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think there's any reason to knock something, so long as the desired results are achieved. I'm glad there was something you could do that put you and your dogs at ease, I am sure it was tough on everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think you're crazy at all! I think it's nice you made an effort to tell them what was happening so they werent confused. I would have done the same thing. Be sure to try to film your reunion! Is it wierd that I'm excited for all of you?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think you're crazy at all. I miss our cats when we go away for the weekend! When we talked about moving to Europe, we figured out ways to bring them!

    I think there should be a video of your future reunion with your puppies. :]

    ReplyDelete
  10. NOT CRAZY. Pets are family. Mr. TBS and I would do the same thing if we had to leave them for over a year! I'm so excited for you that you'll get to cuddle them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw how exciting!!! You'll need to get your homecoming with your dog on tape! :)

    I'm a new follower, lady! Just wanted to say hi! :)

    xoxo
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are totally not crazy. My husband would probably think I was nuts to hire a dog communicator, but it would definitely be something I would do.
    I would have a broken heart leaving pup... just like I do when I leave her for a vacation.
    Your 7 weeks of travel is going to be amazing, and I can't wait to hear all about it! Especially the GBR because that's on my Life List!
    And imagine, after all those amazing experiences, you get to come home to two pups who with be so incredibly excited to see you. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and love!
Every comment makes me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...