Image Map

My Life at the Minute

22 May 2012

I really haven't been giving blogging the attention it deserves lately.
And for that, I apologize.
I know I'm missing out on a lot of great reading, and more importantly, the haps of all my bloggy friends...
but there literally are not enough hours in the day.
Welcome to my life....

  • Packing
  • Cleaning
  • Researching/Booking Travel
  • Visiting with dear, sweet friends
  • Lots of misc. to-do list checking
What's worse is that none of these task make for great blog writing.  You're probably a half-second away from clicking off this site.  I can't say that I blame you.  So let's keep this short and sweet, shall we?


The Highlights
  • All our travel is booked.  In total, it's 12 flights and 3 train journeys.
  • My bff is coming to Sydney in FIVE DAYS!
  • My boss asked me if we can do all the "exit" stuff a day early (read: May 30 instead of May 31.)  We don't fly out until June 1st.  The thought of spending one and a half days in this city sans car, cell phone, and ipad is freaking me out.  What has the world come to!?!?
  • I ate half a tube of cookie dough today....and I'll be in a beach destination in under two weeks.  Eek!
  • I wish everything I listed on Gumtree {Aussie Craigslist} would hurry up and sell!
  • Saying goodbye to everyone from church last Sunday was hard!  They've been our second family in Sydney and I don't like leaving places without an idea of when I'll be back.
  • Now that I'm in super packing mode, I wish I could pack up everything #likerightnow, but that's not practical.  Apparently we need clothing and toiletries for the next 9 days.
Remember when I told you about The Big Adventure?
And you were like, "I'll be living vicariously through you!"
Well, friends, I hope this is what you were after.  The not-so-glamorous side of moving & travel planning.  Okay, I know you really just want to see pretty pictures of our destinations...and you will...just be patient, and come along for the ride. 

6 comments:

  1. Excited to read about your travels! Good Luck with the packing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Packing takes so much time! I totally understand! Good luck with everything.. i'm excited to read about your travels :)

    www.studentswife.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. but once you are plane journey #1 all of this won't even matter. Get it done because you have a heck of a trip ahead of you. I pinky swear. I've had to do this twice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that you're posting about the storm of activities before the awesome of your trip. It helps put everything in perspective, and prove that if anyone deserves an amazing vacation, it's you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Em, you know how much I commiserate with you. Moving/packing/selling it can all be so tedious, and heart wrenching at the same time. You will be able to do it though, the Big Adventure starts soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would actually love to hear about the planning that goes into making a big move like that... Josh and I are planning on moving back to CT in the fall and I don't feel even a smidge of prepared. Consider me signed up for coming along on the ride! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and love!
Every comment makes me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...