Image Map

A Deeper Look

27 June 2012



My husband was in our hotel room while I recorded this,
which made me nervous!
After I finished, he gave me some legit feedback.
"Em," he said, "isn't the whole point of the prompt to
actually share with your readers more about the things you mention?
You just told them what you don't talk about, without actually giving
them a deeper look into what you believe."

Actually, his first words,
while channeling his inner Steve Jobs,
were "that was shit."
{You'd have to read the Steve Jobs biography to know
that it's his favorite feedback to give.}

Well husband, you have a valid point.
I guess that wasn't a very revealing vlog, now was it?

So if you felt like I was being a vlog tease {what up new vocab},
then allow me to elaborate a little bit.

I believe
we are all children of the one God,
and that a spark of the Divine is within each of us.
I believe
no one is going to hell.  Ever.
I believe
whatever religion you practice (or don't practice),
and whatever you believe is awesome.  I don't want to
change you, or debate with you, or think I'm better than you.
I believe
that we create our own reality.
Our thoughts and words are like magnets
that attract people, things, and situations to us.
I believe
that we all have the power to love more perfectly,
to forgive more readily,
to feel peace in the face of any storm...
but I believe
it takes work to be a more perfect image of Christ,
or Buddha, or Krishna, or St Francis, or any of the great ones.
I believe
meditation is one of the most effective ways to achieve that transformation.
I believe
I'm making good progress in this lifetime,
but there's still a lot of work to do on myself.


Thanks so much for reading!

5ohwifey

What is it that you don't share with the blogosphere?

19 comments:

  1. That was shit.

    I joke. I loved it. I remember our conversation about your spirituality and it stuck with me how you believe that you create your reality. I really, really love that :)

    Also you blink a whole lot more in videos than in real life! You know this though.

    Miss your pretty, spiritual booty. Hope you guys are having a blast! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha... husbands, eh?
    I thought it was great! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you linked up from vietnam! Woohoo girl! Now I gotta say I am more than intrigued about your job haha... what a tease ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, for what it worth, I thought it was cute. I believe the same things you do, actually. I haven't meditated much though, and I want to change that. I think my ADD has kept me from trying it, but that needs to change!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have been nervous too if my hubs was in the room! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love you. Miss your face!! Have fun in Vietname! And PS I could NEVER do a VLOG with my hubby watching..props to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I appreciate very much this post. It's very nice to know someone that feels the exact same way, spiritually. Really. And I also feel the same in the sense that I don't really talk about it. Mostly bc I know everyone has their own opinions (which they're entitled to) and it seems people like to debate. And that's totally not something I'm looking to do when it comes to this subject, no what I mean? Yes, yes you do. Because you're cool like that.
    And also...you're pretty.
    The End.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're such a vlog tease. How dare you?! Kidding. Looks like you are enjoying your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every place I've ever worked was the same way with employee social media use. BOOOO. Now I'm all intrigued about what you do, where you work, etc. Isn't that always the way - people say you can't do something/can't know something, and that's the first thing you want to do/find out?

    That's awesome you're in Saigon - and I'm impressed you're vlogging from there - that's committment!

    Nice "meeting" you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm real shy about my spirituality on my blog too...I pretty much never talk about it. I think I'm real shy about it like you too and don't want to be too preachy!

    www.mommymandymusings.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Im just paranoid cause I guess...they're paranoid. Hahahah cute! =]

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just beautiful, Em. I'm so glad you shared what you believe. The world needs more people like you :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your section about what you believe! I'm glad you were brave enough to share this, it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw Jeff's leg move in the background toward the end. :-)

    I'm glad that you shared your beliefs. How could anyone possibly stand against them? They're beautiful.

    I caught up with a good friend of mine yesterday after 6-7 months. (It's a male friend, and you know guys. It's not like they need to catch up every week.) Anyway, we see eye to eye in terms of religion and faith and spirituality, and it was refreshing to talk about it with him. Obviously, Señor TBS and I think similarly as well.

    Just love, people! Be kind and accepting of yourself and others and leave the world a better place than you found it.

    THE END. :-)

    Oh, and I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nope, I could NOT do a vlog while in the same room as my husband. I think I would just laugh the whole time. :)

    How awesome to be in Vietnam! I hope you are having a great time!! :)

    Such a fun link up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. you're in vietnam?! that is crazy awesome. and i just love your earrings :) cute vlog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. so awesome that you linked up from vietnam.. so amazing.. and i love that you had to explain all the things you didnt explain in your vlog in which you were supposed to explain..haha =) you're the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  18. guess I had to read on to find out where you be at... VIETNAM!! How fun is that?!?!

    and I totes agree with you... I don't like to talk about work life on the blog.. or twitter.. or facebook!! Just doesn't mesh well, ya know!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and love!
Every comment makes me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...