Image Map

Let the Women Speak

05 July 2012


This image was recently in my Facebook news feed.
Clearly, the word vagina peaked my curiosity,
not to mention the fact that it was posted by my sister.

Being the world traveler that I am,
I haven't really had time to stay updated on
all the news coming out of the US.
{read with fake haughtiness.}
Seriously though, I'm pretty ignorant at the moment!

A little research told me that this missive was created
because Rep. Lisa Brown was banned from speaking
on the floor of the House in MI,
after using the word vagina
while talking about a controversial abortion bill.

Words like vagina were sort of "off limits"
in my household growing up.
Saying a word like that would cause everyone to get shy,
and uncomfortable, so it was simply avoided.
So when I saw this in my Facebook news feed,
I immediately felt a little shy.
Silly, I know, but old habits die hard.

But more importantly,
it made me think of this post,
by one of my favorite bloggers, Melissa.
The awesome thing about Melissa is that she's not afraid to speak her mind,
and not in an "in your face" way either.
She's just smart, a great writer, and passionate.
There's nothing I love more than discovering a blogger
who speaks her mind, writes well, and inspires me with interesting content.

Since she's one of my faves, I thought you might like to meet her too.

_______________________


Hi Friends!  My name is Melissa and I blog over at Forever and A Day.


For the past few months, I was still considering myself a newlywed blogger, but since we just celebrated our one year anniversary, I'm not sure that's the case anymore.  So, I guess I'm a lifestyle blogger, if by lifestyle I mean, living in Los Angeles with my husband and five crazy cats.  

Sunshine (background), Olivia (foreground)
So, maybe, I'm just a crazy cat lady. 



That's married.  

Anyway, basically, Forever and A Day is a whole hodge podge of things I love.  

I often blog about life with my super hot husband, Tim.  
Seriously, how did I score him?  

Sometimes, I write about apartment living in a big city (bbqing in the driveway, creepy people that come to our front door, my never ending battles with laundry.)  

Ok, so Tim BBQ'd and I sat around reading and drinking Pacifico

If you're really lucky, I'll get on my soapbox and talk about subjects I'm passionate about like educating women on their bodies and how scars make us who we are.  

After 1 of 6 skin biopsies I've had in the past 2 years.
Yes, I'm wearing a Jose Cuervo shirt to sleep in.  
Recently, our wedding was featured in The Knot: Southern California magazine so I bombarded my readers with wedding pictures.  

June 11th 2011
But really, what it all comes down to, is that I'm just a 25 year old Southern California girl who loves life with her husband, eating at L.A.'s yummiest restaurants, reading as many books as I can, relaxing on Malibu's beaches, hiking in the Santa Monica mountains, traveling whenever I can, rescuing animals, writing my little blog, and meeting other bloggers friends like Emily.

(& hopefully you too!)  

P.S.  How jealous are you of the adventures Emily is currently having?!

____________________________

Comments are turned off so you can go
say hello to Melissa.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...