Image Map

Making the Donuts

23 August 2012

Big news around these parts....

I GOT A JOB!!!!

{via}
And not just any job, my plan A I really want this one job.
As most of you know, I'm a big believer in the Universe having a unique, awesome plan for each of us.
This job search has been an excellent reminder of this phenomenon.
Despite having applied for jobs while traveling, I got almost no action.
However, as soon as we returned to LA, it was on like Donkey Kong.
I had recruiters calling me, I had phone interviews, face-to-face interviews,
and I knew pretty quickly that there was one position that interested me far more than the rest.
Since then, I've done multiple interviews and ride-alongs with this company,
culminating in a final interview last Friday in Sacramento.

By Monday afternoon, they provided me with a job offer.
Was I excited? Hell yes!
Did I accept the job right away? Hell no!
One of my goals for this job search was to practice my negotiating skills,
and to really make sure I was getting the best package possible.
After 24 hours of negotiations, which included my manager-to-be fighting with HR several times,
they provided me with an offer that I felt good about accepting.

I think I'm more excited than the time my mother-in-law sent me Reese's peanut butter eggs in Australia.  Yes, it's that exciting.
I'll still be doing sales in the same industry as before,
but it's a new company and new products.
There's more opportunity for advancement,
and a much larger bonus potential with this new company.

Let the celebrations commence.

25 comments:

  1. Yay!! So exciting!! We both got new jobs! Yay for growing up! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new job!! It's a huge accomplishment to get a job you actually want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well congrats, girl!! I'm extra impressed over negotiating- that is SO intimidating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, glad that you found one that you are very interested in and negotiated what you wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATS! Getting a new job is so exciting, especially when it's a job you really want. Here's to a new adventure, and good for you for negotiating!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Em, I love you, and I am so thrilled for you! Let's Skype this weekend. Today is our BIG NEWS day, and it's another thing I love about us.

    *high five*

    WE ARE AWESOME. #teambbff

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! So, I just want to get this straight...you did not get a job making donuts.

    Tara
    Penniless Socialite

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! That is amazing. You have it right, make them work hard for you and never settle. I have had to learn that the hard way and I still struggle with it sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! You are so deserving of this. Now get out there with that husband of yours and celebrate =). It doesn't count as being naughty if celebratory foods are organic... or at least that's always my belief!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow good for you! I am so bad at negotiating. The second they offer me something, I'm like, "Sure!!!" Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats, Emily! That's so awesome! And I'm suuuper impressed by your negotiating skills. I don't know if I could be that patient!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats!!! Isn't that the best feeling? Knowing they want you sooooo bad and they're willing to go to bat for you. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW congratulations!!! sounds like you kicked some butt. I approve =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So, so, so proud of you! Congrats!!

    I'm emailing you're lovely head back tonight :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the job Emily!! That's awesome you got the one you wanted, even! It's a good feeling to be fought over, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats!! It's so fantastic you got the one you wanted!! WOo-hoo!!!!!!!!! I pray its ALL you want it to be! Good job girl!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations Emily! I've been waiting to hear if you got the job. You are basically a rockstar.

    I need to hear some of your best "package negotiation" tips. I basically suck at anything similar to confrontation (which is close enough to negotiation), and envision myself accepting whatever is offered to me. Because, what if they decide not to give me the job? Help!! Word from the manager-to-be is that a contract offer is coming Monday or Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations!! And yay you for awesome negotiating.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations! It sounds great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Emily, that is amazing news!!! I know you are relieved and so excited to have a job, and how perfect that it was the one you wanted most! Also, I'm really impressed by your negotiation skills, I think that's hard to do! Yayyy for you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations Em! That's so exciting! And freaking good for you for negotiating! I've been learning that a lot more in my current position than ever before... some examples:

    "Hey, can I come in at 10? Cool."
    "Hey, if you want to increase my job description from when I started, can you think about giving me a raise? Awesome."
    "Hey, can I get some paid time off? Sweet, thanks."

    The hardest part is getting yourself to ask!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and love!
Every comment makes me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...