Image Map

Oh Happy Day!

28 August 2012

This weekend, I got to do my favorite thing in the whole world.
Something I haven't done for the last three years,
something I used to make a living out of,
and considered to be a huge part of my identity.

On Saturday, I woke up at 6:30am,
did my morning meditation with a smile on my face,
and then I slipped on my cowboy boots,
and got ready to head to the horse ranch.

One of my former riding students
bought a beautiful, big Half Arabian in February.
I've been dying to catch up with her & meet her new horse.

The feeling of being back in the saddle just makes me feel so warm and fuzzy.
Even writing it now brings that flood of feeling.
I'll never forget how to ride.  I'll always just have it.
I've spend enough of my life on the back of a horse that it will stay with me forever.
Watching Michelle warm up her horse reaffirmed that I still have my eye for it too.
I can watch someone ride and know exactly what's happening,
and what correction should be made to fix any problem.
Meet Richochett....
{aka Ricky}








Michelle standing him up for Halter

Without a doubt, it's one of the best feelings in the world
to be on top of a horse.
I'm going to continue working with Ricochett and Michelle
and we might even do some showing next year (!!!)
So, yeah, this grin might not wear off for quite some time.

15 comments:

  1. I love this, you made me so happy with your happiness!

    I love that you're back riding horses, it's obviously a natural thing for you.

    YAY!!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ricky is GORGEOUS, so glad you got to ride again!! I used to compete years ago and haven't been back in the saddle for a looong time - maybe I'll start looking into nearby ranches, you inspired me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never ridden a horse before! I want to though, it's something that I have always wanted to do. Those pictures are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so exciting, lover face! Look at you! I know how passionate you are about riding, so I can only imagine how wonderful it must have felt to meet Ricky and go for a ride. YAY!

    P.S. Last night was AMAZING. I love you, and I loved seeing your face! Two hours of my life was totally worth it. AND... I've successfully infiltrated your real life and your marriage. I mean, hello! AWESOMENESS. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just happened to stumble across your blog, and this post definitely made me smile :) I always love reading genuine posts like this, and I can really tell that this makes you so happy! So definitely keep it up...we all need a little more happy in our lives :)

    xoxo,
    Joelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! This post gave me a huge smile. I used to ride, too, although I wasn't as pro as you, and it's just the best! You look so good on a horse :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 'ello Im Lauren! I was wondering if you wanted to meet up with some orange county bloggers for a blog date one night! Just let me know:)
    www.pinkonthecheek.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a beautie!!! You and the horse of course!!! I've never been riding, but would love the experience of being high up on the horse with wind blowing through my hurrr!!!

    xo, Bev

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a lot of fun!!
    Newest follower! Hope you can come and check out my blog and follow back if you like it. Also have a giveaway currently going on :)
    www.nellecreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got back in the saddle myself after a 3.5 year hiatus over the weekend. :) But I put on my Dressage Queen hat and was pleased to find I can still put that horse into a frame! I definitely didn't get any pictures, though -- and I wish I had!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a really beautiful horse! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just stumbled over your blog! Its absolutely lovely! You're beautiful!

    Follow me back? :)

    http://outintsparks.blogspot.ca

    xx Emily

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just stumbled over your blog! Its absolutely lovely! You're beautiful!

    Follow me back? :)

    http://outintsparks.blogspot.ca

    xx Emily

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun that you got to ride again. I took lessons when I was younger from my Aunt who has her own horsemanship school. There's just something special about horses!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love to ride horses!

    Emma
    http://emmavogelsang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and love!
Every comment makes me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...