Image Map

Hijacked URL and Other Haps

08 June 2013

You know you've been out of the blogging game awhile when you go to your old URL (http://www.emmy-june.com) and it's been purchased by another site.  I'm not sure if I should be upset or flattered.  Based on the looks of things, it's a fake blog simply designed to drive traffic to certain websites.  Well, that's what I get for being so out of the loop.  I didn't even know my URL was expiring.

I still haven't purchased a new laptop.  For those of you counting, that means I've been without a personal laptop for nearly eleven months.  Dude.  If you'd of told me that a year ago, I would have freaked the eff out.  Aside from some minor annoyances, it really hasn't been bad.  The real blessing is that my old laptop kept kicking until I was 80% of the way through the interview process with my company.  Losing my laptop during a job search would have been devastating.

I must say, I enjoy having less screen time.  I enjoy having more time to live life.  Don't get me wrong, I've certainly found other things to waste time on (side eye t.v.), but it's still a net gain.  That said, I've been feeling a little tug to start blogging again.  I've largely ignored it because it'd be a pain without a computer...and more importantly, I'm not sure I can blog without being so intense about it.

Is it possible to be a Type A person and resist the blogging rat race???

All input appreciated here :)
Seriously...I don't want to feel like I have to blog every day, or that I must be on twitter, or that I've got to reply to every comment.  It just gets to be too much.  Too much time...too much responsibility...too much commitment.

Tomorrow I'm meeting Lindsay and Devon.  Like fo' realz.  In person and all that good shizz.  I'm pretty super excited.  Linds and I have stayed in touch by texting and skyping since I fell off the blogging planet.  The fact that I made a few legit friends through the internet makes this whole shebang worthwhile.

And because no blog post would be complete without a photo, I give you 4 adults & 3 dogs on our way to the dog beach.  My photography skills=perfection.

why, Blogger, are you distorting this image??


5 comments:

  1. So good to see you writing again! I took a break from blogging during the early part of our pregnancy and it was really refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nearly fell off my chair when I saw this post!

    I'm so excited to read about your meet up with Lindsay - it's been a long time coming!!!

    Look forward to reading more lovely lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see you back! I hope you've been well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and love!
Every comment makes me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...