Image Map

The Delete Button

18 June 2013

As I dip my toes back into blogging, I want to make sure that I'm setting myself up for success.
I want this to be fun, sustainable, and fulfilling.
I don't want to get caught in a trap of feeling obligated.

With that in mind, I deleted my blog email account from my iphone.
It took a little courage to push the big, red button, but I know it's in alignment with my goals.

source


During work hours, I want to be focused on work.  And as I see the little red email alert numbers climb throughout the day, my reaction isn't "Yay! Comments!" (like it should be), but rather, "Ugh, more emails I need to respond to."  So in the spirit of fun, I deleted the email account from my phone, and will enjoy reading comments and emails when I get home and can do it leisurely.

Do you have any "blog rules" you follow to keep it fun and prevent it from feeling like a part-time job?

3 comments:

  1. No, but I did delete my work email from my phone for better life balance. ;) Blogging is fun and I started this one about books and it kinda took off on other avenues because I stopped having time for my other personal/private one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can never keep up with my blog. I am never able to keep a journal either. But, I try try again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and love!
Every comment makes me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...